Brand New Brinsea Ecoglow Safety 600 Chick Brooder.
A natural way to brood your own chicks.
Works just a like a mother hen where the chicks go underneath to keep warm, snuggling up against the plate for warmth, when ready they go out in search of food and come back for warmth when needed.
No unnatural bright lights or infra red bulbs, just natural warmth when needed.
The model numbers reflect their surface area in cm² and accommodate roughly 20 chicks.
The Ecoglows’ surface temperature is a 'comfortable' 40-45°C against 60°C found in tests on competitor products.
NASA rate any maximum surface temperature above 45°C as too hot for skin contact.
Comfort and low running costs
The benefit of 12v operation is that Brinsea’s EcoGlow models can safely use a metal plate as the heat conductor.
This means that EcoGlows have more even temperature and a more efficient radiation surface as metal is a much better conductor of heat than metalised plastic.
The result is lower (and safer) contact temperature and lower running costs but the same heating effect.
The EcoGlows have:
Lower (safer) surface temperatures so the chick can be closer/in contact
Retains more of the heat under the brooder
Has a more efficient radiating surface for reduced hot-spots and lower running costs.
The lower contact temperature and the wide height adjustment mean that chicks can be ‘contact brooded’ (like the mother hen) for maximum comfort, lowest wasted energy resulting in lowest running costs of less than 4p per day*.
* Based on an EcoGlow Safety 600 using 12W and a cost of £0.14 per kWh.
Easier to keep clean & easier to adjust.
Brinsea have removed the moulded logo from the top of the earlier EcoGlow 20 to make cleaning easier and we’ve produced clear plastic covers, available separately, to allow users to keep their new EcoGlows clean.
These covers don’t affect the performance of the EcoGlows.
Another improvement is the move to the screw-in legs which are much easier to adjust than the clip-on ends of the EcoGlow 20 and allow greater variation in height for different chick size.
The new EcoGlows also feature heavier power leads to prevent flexing breakage by the restraining grommet.
- The metal heater plate of the EcoGlow Safety 600 improves heat radiation and evenness of temperature under the brooder as metal is a much better conductor of heat compared to plastic alternatives. The lower contact temperature and the easy height adjustment means that chicks can be 'contact brooded' (like the mother hen) for maximum comfort and lowest wasted energy.
- The new flared 'skirt' around the heater retains more heat, improving efficiency and reducing energy use.
- The EcoGlow Safety 600 has easy height adjustment for a wide range of chick sizes and its tough plastic and metal construction makes it durable and easy to clean.
- Water-tight (IPX7 Safety Standard) construction and low voltage operation are designed to comply with stringent electrical safety standards.
- Supplied with a mains adaptor incorporating a 3 metre lead.
- Can be used with the Brinsea 12V Charger.
- FREE 3 year guarantee when registered online.
This product is for indoor use only and the room temperature should not drop below 10° C (50 F).