Natural Organic Diatomaceous Earth
100% natural and 100% effective
We have Large 25kg Paper down to small 200g tester packs.
( We decanted smaller amounts from our 25kg sacks into bag or tubs for you on the day you place your order)
Diatomaceous Earth (commonly called D.E. or Diatom Powder) is a non-chemical powder produced from silica-shelled fossilized diatoms.
- The powder is particularly effective against External Mites & lice in poultry and can be applied directly to your birds, chicken house & dust bath.
- The powder abrades the protective waxy surface & absorbs the waterproofing oils (lipids) of the mite and causes them to dehydrate & die.
- This works either by direct 'puffing' onto the insect or by them walking through the applied powder.
- Use on birds, on perches and in nest boxes & around any areas where mites may be living, under & over shavings in a fine layer of powder for the cheapest way to stay mite-free throughout the year.
- Pay particular attention to the roof line of your house and joins in woodwork as these will be well travelled by red mites.
Controls: Red Mite, Northern Fowl Mite, fleas, ticks etc. associated with poultry, cage & aviary birds etc.
Also safe & suitable for use in the home to control Bed-bugs & carpet beetles, etc. and on domestic pets & livestock.
This has been shown to be particularly good at controlling mites in horses too as it's easy to apply and stays as a fine covering on the hairs and skin.
Safe for use on the birds, contains no chemicals and is 180million years old (give or take a decade) so no danger of going off!